What are cookies
Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to their browser, in which they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit by the same user. While browsing a web address, the user can also receive cookies on his terminal that are sent from different / external websites or web servers (so-called "third parties"), on which some functional elements present on the site may reside. you are browsing.
Duration of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed. Other cookies remain active / stored until the browser is closed and are also available on subsequent visits by the user. These cookies are called persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases a deadline is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
Types of cookies
For the purposes of the legislation contained in the Privacy Code , cookies can be divided into two macro-categories based on their use : " technical " cookies and " profiling " cookies.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of "carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service "(see art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Privacy Code).
These are cookies that are used to browse or provide a service requested by the user. They are not used for other purposes.
Without the use of these cookies, some operations could not be carried out or would be more complex and / or less secure, such as home banking activities (viewing the account statement, wire transfers, bill payment, etc.), for such as cookies, which allow the identification of the user to be made and maintained during the session, are indispensable.
They belong to this category:
– Navigation or session cookies , guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas). Disabling these cookies will negatively affect the performance of the sites and may make their functionality and service unavailable.
– Cookie analytics, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site.
– Functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided.
The prior consent of users is not required for the installation of these cookies, while the obligation to provide information pursuant to art. 13 of the Privacy Code, which the site manager, if he uses only such devices, will be able to provide in the manner he deems most suitable.
Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net.
Due to the particular invasiveness that such devices may have in the private sphere of users, they require the explicit consent of the user.
Third party cookies
While browsing a site, the user can also receive cookies on his terminal that are sent from different sites or web servers (so-called "third parties").
By way of example, there may be cookies linked to the services provided by Google Analytics or cookies due to the presence of "social plugins" (for example for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn), generally aimed at sharing content.
The https://www.otticalucciola.net/ site does not use its own profiling cookies.
On the other hand, it may in some cases use technical cookies, including in particular session cookies (for example JSESSIONID, PHPSESSIONID, ASPSESSIONID, Flash Cookie etc.) which are deleted when the browser is closed, in order to offer some services such as authentication for restricted areas or selection of products in the shopping cart.
These cookies can be disabled and deleted through the browser settings , as indicated below. Disabling these cookies could adversely affect the performance of the sites and may make some features and services unavailable.
Third-party cookies are installed for the following purposes: interaction with social networks and external platforms, statistics, payment management and display of content from external platforms.
For these, without prejudice to the possibility of disabling them through the browser settings as indicated below, the link to the extended information and consent forms of the third parties that install cookies is provided:
How can I disable cookies?
The user can decide whether to accept cookies or not. For this purpose, he can use the settings of the Internet browser. Most browsers allow you to manage (view, enable, disable and delete) cookies through the settings.
Warning: by disabling cookies, both username and password will no longer be stored in the login box of the site.
- Open Firefox
- Press the "Alt" button on the keyboard In the toolbar located at the top of the browser, select "Tools" and then "Options"
- Then select the "Privacy" tab Go to "History Settings:" and then on "Use custom settings".
- Uncheck "Accept cookies from sites" and save your preferences.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the icon "Tools" Select "Settings" and then "Advanced settings"
- Select "Content Settings" under "Privacy"
- In the "Cookies" tab you can deselect the cookies and save your preferences
- Open Safari
- Choose "Preferences" in the toolbar, then select the "Security" panel in the dialog box that follows
- In the "Accept cookies" section you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites.
- For more information click on the Help button (marked with a question mark)
- For more information on the cookies that are stored on your computer, click on "Show cookies"
- Open Internet Explorer Choose "Tools" "options"
- Select the "Privacy" tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you want to set (up to block all cookies or down to allow them all)
- Then click OK